No level – End of Week 13

So previously (TO-DO) I committed to doing 3 issues. And sadly I just accomplished 2 of them. According to myself, I completed the two most important issues, and I left the boring and “difficult” to deal with one. And I’m talking to the creation of level 5. I didn’t have time for its development, and it’s also so booooooring and tiring to try and match the size of the figures to the ones I have in mind.

5125189682_f8ca12baa9_b
“Undone” from Wayne Stadler (License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/). Taken from https://www.flickr.com/photos/waynerd/5125189682/

But now, onto the stuff that I actually did.

The first issue consisted in creating the Mongoose schema to hold the texts that some levels have. It should hold the texts in multiple languages. This part was easy. in fact, it is the shortest schema we have.

The second issue consisted in simply updating the Mongoose schema of levels. This meant only changing the text field with a boolean (Because the text now is held in the level-text document). This was also very easy.

So, what wasn’t easy? The middle ground of this two issues. This consisted in updated the server routes. Make a new route to deliver the text of the level. Make the BD connections for this level to be fetched. Make the HTTP requests from the client to the server. Update the way the level is loaded and decide whether or not a fetch for the texts is needed. And the worst of it was: Updating the level development script so you could modify both the level document and the texts document at the same time.

I realized after doing the issues that I actually didn’t know where one ended and where did the other begin. This is because there was some stuff I needed to develop to test both of the issues. And before fully testing one of them, I needed to test the other, and to do that I needed the middle ground I didn’t know to which issue assign it to.
And that is why I think I should have done 3 issues (one for the middle ground), and then everything would have fitted perfectly. In fact, maybe a fourth issue was needed that would consist in updating everything that we already have (BD, tests and level development), to accept the new format and schemas.

And that is all for now.

Cheerio.

Miguel Montoya
Esperanto enthusiast
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Anuncios

Responder

Introduce tus datos o haz clic en un icono para iniciar sesión:

Logo de WordPress.com

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com. Cerrar sesión /  Cambiar )

Google photo

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Google. Cerrar sesión /  Cambiar )

Imagen de Twitter

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Twitter. Cerrar sesión /  Cambiar )

Foto de Facebook

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Facebook. Cerrar sesión /  Cambiar )

Conectando a %s